A big part of my life is dedicated to helping others, especially animals. I’ve been volunteering at animal shelters since I was in 9th grade and I’m always willing to help like-minded causes. I donate my photography in many ways:
- As a volunteer for Humane Society of Chittenden County. My husband, Ian, and I travel to HSCC weekly to photograph adoptable animals and work on special projects for them. Check out HSCC’s blog post about us, including video!
- As a volunteer for Ivana Iguana Wisdom and Rescue. I love working with JoAnn’s adoptable reptiles!
- As a Founding Member of HeARTs Speak, a worldwide group of artists dedicated to promoting adoption through our art. I regularly donate images and time for special projects.
- As a Smile for a Cure photographer. In 2011 I was honored as the SFAC Photographer of the Year. The program connects animal photographers around the nation to donate session fees to the National Canine Cancer Foundation. I support NCCF as it not only looks for a cure for cancer, but also for less invasive treatments. NCCF did a sweet blog post about my work, too.
- By offering pro bono portrait sessions for “less adoptable” animals to help find homes for them.
- By offering gift sessions and prints to local non-profit groups and schools during fundraisers.
Below are links to some of my Caring work.